Richer Soul Life Beyond Money. You got rich, now what? Let's talk about your journey to more a purposeful, intentional, amazing life. Where are you going to go and how are you going to get there? Let's figure that out together. At the core is the financial well being to be able to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It's about personal freedom!
Take away: Life is short, don't live it with regrets.
Action step: Open your self up to opportunity and say yes.
Money Learnings: Doc G's dad passed away when he was 8. He grew up protected from the money situation. When his mom remarried his parents modeled great financial behaviors. They would share life over the dinner table. Doc G brings his kids to his real estate dealings and he hands them a yearly allowance to handle.
Doc G is an internal medicine physician who recently entered "half retirement" and spends his time as a hospice medical director, writer of the personal finance blog DiverseFI.com
, and podcast cohost of The What's Up Next Podcast. Which is a really cool new podcast that features real conversations lets meet our guest.
Link to this episode: Link
Highlights from this episode:
- The yearly allowance for his kids.
- The power of money mistakes at an early age.
- Building generational wealth as a family.
- The lessons at the end of life.
- People die the way they live.
- Death can occur with dignity.
- The current state of the health care system.
- Taking responsibility for your health care.
- Building wealth and creating financial independence.
- Money Mindsets
- Lifestyle inflation and what's reasonable for you.
- Making the right choices with work and money.
- Is your identity tied to your title?
- Shifting the power at work.
- The different paths to creating wealth.
- When money is your goal, and you achieve it, then what?
- Being intentional early in life creates amazing lives.
- How to handle an ever changing world.
- Mindset bests skill set.
- Building great skill sets.
What's up Next Podcast
Thanks for listening!
If you like the show please leave a review on iTunes: http://bit.do/richersoul
Any financial advice is for educational purposes only and you should consult with an expert for your specific needs.