We all have fears, and sometimes it's the little ones that can hold us back. Many times fear prevents a conversation that can unlock the next step in success. In this episode, we learn how to take small steps to overcome ourselves and move forward at work and in life.
Take away: Courage will lead to the life of our dreams.
Action step: Write a day in the life of work 6 months from now that would be satisfying. What 3 actions can you take this week to move toward that?
Money Learnings: Bill's learned the most about money from his grandmother, the person who had it the least. He learned lessons from his depression-era grandparents. Bill uses money to create incentives for his kids.
:Bill Treasurer is a workplace expert, courage pioneer, and author of Courage Goes to Work: How to Build Backbones, Boost Performance, and Get Results. Founder of Giant Leap Consulting, a consulting and training company specializing in courage-building, he advises organizations—including NASA, eBay, Lenovo, Saks Fifth Avenue, Spanx, the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and the Pittsburgh Pirates—on teaching workers the kind of courage that strengthens businesses and careers. Learn more at GiantLeapConsulting.com
- Bill's story of finding courage as a kid.
- Acknowledge the fear and take action.
- If you don't learn the lesson, you have to repeat the class.
- The biology of fear.
- How our childhood experiences drive our adult behaviors.
- The why of the book, Courage Goes to Work.
- How to show courage in the workplace.
- The 3 buckets of courage. Tell, Trust, Try.
- Fear based leadership.
- The power of vulnerability.
- Worst / Best case scenario equation.
- What do you want?
- Taking many little leaps before the big leaps.
- What will you regret the least? Taking the chance or not.
Learn more at:
Richer Soul Life Beyond Money. You got rich, now what? Let's talk about your journey to more a purposeful, intentional, amazing life. Where are you going to go and how are you going to get there? Let's figure that out together. At the core is the financial well being to be able to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It's about personal freedom!
Thanks for listening!
If you like the show please leave a review on iTunes: http://bit.do/richersoul
Any financial advice is for educational purposes only and you should consult with an expert for your specific needs.