Choose FI Your Blueprint to Financial Independence
Chris shares his journey to financial independence and how you can create your own path to the life you choose. It's about creating time freedom to live life on your terms.
Take away: Figure out what you want from life and create a financial plan to achieve it.
Action step: Do a 80/20 analysis - to figure out the 1 or 2 things that would provide you the biggest impact.
Money Learnings: School didn't teach Chris about money. He learned watching his dad start his business in photography. His mother taught him to be frugal. He also learned to stay away from debt.
Chris Mamula used principles of traditional retirement planning, combined with creative lifestyle design, to retire from a career as a physical therapist at age 41. After poor experiences with the financial industry early in his professional life, he educated himself on investing and tax planning. Now he draws on his experience to write about wealth building, DIY investing, financial planning, early retirement, and lifestyle design at Can I Retire Yet?
Chris' writing has been featured in MarketWatch, Doughroller, Business Insider and RockStar Finance. He is also the primary author of the book Choose FI: Your Blueprint to Financial Independence. You can reach him at email@example.com
Highlights from this episode:
- Focus your spending on what you love.
- Chris's experience of watching his dad start and run his business.
- The experience of early "retirement".
- The power of owning your time.
- Money does not equal happiness.
- Being a "dirtbag".
- Some of the early investing mistakes.
- The book: Choose FI Your Blueprint to Financial Independence.
- Figuring out your path and enjoying the journey.
- Changing the bubble you normally live in and getting out of your comfort zone.
- Getting dads to be more involved in kid's lives.
- Creating space to be able to figure out what you want in life.
Richer Soul Life Beyond Money. You got rich, now what? Let's talk about your journey to more a purposeful, intentional, amazing life. Where are you going to go and how are you going to get there? Let's figure that out together. At the core is the financial well being to be able to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It's about personal freedom!
Thanks for listening!
Any financial advice is for educational purposes only and you should consult with an expert for your specific needs.