David Stein shares his expertise as a money manager to help us make better investment decisions based on timeless principles.
Take away: David shares a principled based way to invest.
Action step: Try something new!
Money Learnings: David bought a course at age 11 to learn how to make money. He had to learn about money on his own. He read many self-development books at a kid. He teaches his kids that money flows.
Bio: David Stein helps individuals become more confident investors via audio, video, and books. For the past five years, he has hosted the weekly personal finance podcast Money For the Rest of Us. The show has more than 250 episodes and over 12 million downloads. David is the author of Money For the Rest of Us: 10 Questions to Master Successful Investing. Previously, David was Chief Investment Strategist and Chief Portfolio Strategist at Fund Evaluation Group, LLC, a $70 billion institutional investment advisory firm, where he co-headed the 21-person research group.
- Time versus Money
- David was a finance major and he learned to like it.
- He retires from a finance career in his mid-forties.
- Settled work. Do what you enjoy!
- Learn how to help people.
- The book - Money for the Rest of Us.
- Understand the principles of investing.
- Bad outcomes are sometimes the result of good decisions.
- Return drivers: Cash flow, cash flow growth, how do investors value that cash flow.
- David focuses on assets classes versus individual stocks.
- Investing / Speculation / Gambling
- The inherent value of bitcoin.
- Future predictions of stock and bond returns.
- Create the work you love to do.
Richer Soul Life Beyond Money. You got rich, now what? Let’s talk about your journey to more a purposeful, intentional, amazing life. Where are you going to go and how are you going to get there? Let’s figure that out together. At the core is the financial well being to be able to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It’s about personal freedom!
Thanks for listening!
Any financial advice is for educational purposes only and you should consult with an expert for your specific needs.