Measuring UP, Brain Optimization for Kids
Dr. Linzey helps kids improve their brain function so they can thrive in school.
Take away: Learning how to learn and overcoming your struggles can dramatically change your students experience.
Action step: Pay attention to your kids behaviors around learning.
Money Learnings: Dr. Linzey grew up in a small town and was taught to work hard to earn money. She learned how to work smarter later in life.
Bio: Dr. Tere Linzey is a Licensed Educational Psychologist and the founder of BrainMatterZ, a program meant to improve auditory processing, executive functioning skills, attention/focus, and memory in youths. Dr. Linzey specializes in “Brain Optimization,” or the practice of training ones brain to develop optimal fundamental skills that are necessary for learning. Dr. Linzey is certified in Neuropsychology and holds three additional masters degrees.
Dr. Linzey researched brain potential and cognition at a number of top universities including Harvard and UC Berkeley. Though Dr. Linzey has been in education for 30 plus years, it was during her time at UC Berkeley that she became fascinated with brain science discoveries and the ability to reshape and alter cognitive function. Based on extensive research, Dr. Linzey developed her own comprehensive program designed to optimize brain function.
Dr. Linzey serves as the Educational Psychologist for Cate School in Santa Barbara and maintains a successful private practice in Carmel and Santa Barbara. She is considered the premier cognitive skills expert as a result of her success rate and innovative programs.
Her results are remarkable in helping students at all levels improve test-taking skills, executive functioning, and increase processing speed. Dr. Linzey’s work has been proven to vastly improve issues surrounding dyslexia, concussions, and ADHD. As a result, students feel more confident and empowered.
Dr. Linzey’s Neurology Laboratories have expanded internationally, with facilities located throughout the US, as well as Mumbai, India and China.
- Dr. Linzey experience coaching basketball and the lessons she learned.
- The importance of mindset in sports.
- Brains and muscles train the same way.
- Principles of neuroplasticity.
- Make the practice harder than the game.
- How to change your brain chemically.
- The Book Measuring Up; The Go-To Guide for Parents & Students Looking for an Edge in the Hyper-Competitive World of Education.world of education.
- Teaching kids to love learning.
- The different types of tests.
- Teaching executive functioning skills.
- How to remove the anxiety of timed tests.
- Creating a growth mindset.
- Helping students with dyslexia, concussions, and ADHD.
- The importance of IQ scores.
- You are never too old to learn.
- The new frontier in brain science.
Richer Soul Life Beyond Money. You got rich, now what? Let's talk about your journey to more a purposeful, intentional, amazing life. Where are you going to go and how are you going to get there? Let's figure that out together. At the core is the financial well being to be able to do what you want, when you want, how you want. It's about personal freedom!
Thanks for listening!
Show Sponsor: http://profitcomesfirst.com/
Schedule your free no obligation call:
If you like the show please leave a review on iTunes: http://bit.do/richersoul
Any financial advice is for educational purposes only and you should consult with an expert for your specific needs.